Sunday 11 October 2015

In my Make Up bag

I've recently had a few questions about make up products that I use so this post is exactly all the products I use.

Now, admittedly I'm not great at make up and do the same make up everyday and then just add a little extra if I'm going on a night out. I've tried following video tutorials from the lovely Tanya Burr and Pixi Woo ladies but I can never seem to get it right so I always go back to my usual style. Anyway here we go... 

Moisturiser 



I treated myself to this 'Bare Minerals purely nourishing moisturiser' last week and I finding it to be really nice on my combination skin (I'm dry on the cheeks with an oily T zone). It's made my skin feel so soft and I'm even finding that my make up staying on longer and better having put this on first- win! It was £27 which is a high price for a moisturiser but if you are in need of some skin care then it is worth it. Get it here

Or alternatively I go for a basic Simple cream. You can't really go wrong. I also use the Simple cleanser and Toner too. 



Face 



On my face I'm currently using Mac studio fix fluid, Natural Collection concealer and blend it in with my Real Techniques Buffing brush. I've tried a few different foundations but always find myself coming back to this particular Mac one. Get it here
I also love these Natural Collection concealers from Boots. I've used them since teenage years as they're cheap yet such good quality. Get it here



Then a try a little contour with my No7 bronzer (I don't know what's happened to the case so I'm going to blame the kids ;) ) with my Real Techniques contour brush. Check out the brushes here and the bronzer here



I have two different blushers from Mac, one is more of a Matt effect, get it here and the other has a slight shimmer/highlighting effect which I use for nights out. Get it here. I apply it with my Real Techniques Blusher brush, if you haven't already gathered I have the set of brushes which were recommended to me by lots of lovely ladies on Instagram :) Get the blusher brush here

Eyes



I very rarely do eye make up on a daily basis and mosly only bother on nights out. I have my brows threaded and tinted but still use a little of this Rimmel dark brown pencil when they have faded as I love having dark brows, it's not for everyone but it makes me feel better :) For eyeshadow I always go for a neutral pallet like this No7 one. Mascara also No7 lash adapt, all from Boots. I use this Nars pressed highlighter on my brow bone. Get it here

Lips





Again, I don't wear a lot of lipstick, I'm more of a tinted lip balm kind of girl :). I have a few Mac lippies which I like but my favourite currently are these cheap n cheerful Natural Collection ones from Boots. Loving the Berry Sorbet. I think this brush is a concealer brush which comes in the set but I use it to apply lipstick because I'm that much of a rebel ;) 

Nails 



Lastly, nails. I usually go for a red or neutral colour. These are some of my faves. Available in Boots, Superdrug and some supermarkets or even a local chemist apart from the Chanel which you can get here

So there is a little run down of the products I use. Not a massive range of products but it's what works for me for the natural look that I like. Hope it's helped with some of your questions as I'm always happy to answer. If not then a simple smile is always a pretty look :) 


Have a great week ahead! 

X





















No comments:

Post a Comment