Wednesday 4 November 2015

Baby shower fun

So Sunday just gone I hosted my sisters baby shower. I haven't done a post about any parties I've thrown before but this one was particular favourite of mine and I really enjoyed doing it all.

After much Pinterest browsing I decided to go for a vintage afternoon tea theme as my sister loves an afternoon tea and well let's face it, it looks pretty :) 

Decorations 



I love these pom poms, they add so much prettiness to the decor and really set off the whole theme which is great for a bit tissue paper. I got these from Ginger Ray at Amazon. Paper Bunting also Amazon, there is no party without Bunting. Stunning sandwich and cake stands from this fab shop on Amazon called Talking Tables. yes its safe to say Amazon saved my life yet again.

Table set with plain white table cloth and sprinkled with baby shower confetti. 

I've not wanted to put the Pom poms away just yet so have hung them in Roman's room- he may be a little old for this type of decor but it beats a poster of The Rock! 


What we ate 



As it was Afternoon Tea, it's finger sandwiches and scones all the way. A selection of Mum-to-be's fave sarnies consisting of standard Ham and cheese, Beef and Tomato, Egg and Cress and Tuna and cucumber. All very simple nothing too fancy. Along with all butter and fruit scones with clotted cream and jam (mouth officially watering- need scones ASAP)!
I also made a Victoria Sponge recipe from bbcgoodfood.com, which went down a treat, lots of compliments on the old Vicky sponge- you can't beat it! 
All this accompanied by tea and coffee and of course a toast of prosecco :) 

What we played 

So, obviously at Baby Showers you play games and this particular shower we played a game of "Who knows mum best" available at Amazon, "Guess the bump size" which is a simple case of measuring the bump with a tape measure and everyone taking a guess at the size and whoever is closest wins and lastly everyone fills out a prediction card but winner can't be announced until the bundle of joy is born. 

Also Amazon

The winner of each game got little prize in the form of a mini prosecco- bonus! 




Presents 

Next was onto the opening of the presents where Mum-to-be has to open all presents infront of her guests- no pressure. 

Here's what I bought. 

All from Zara. 
Hello sweatshirt- click here • Breton top- click here • Fox leggings- click here • Blue leggings- click here

Cardigan- Next • Hat and mittens- Next • Cuddly toy- Next • Knitted booties- Zara.

Lots of cute things to choose from. *Must.. Not.. Get Broody* 

Party favours 

Finally the party bags. It's pretty hard to think what kind of thing you can put in an adult party bag as when I do my kids party bags for their parties it's usually a load of plastic tatt and a bit of cake which they seem to think is the best thing ever (well for five mins in the car at least). 
I decided on cupcakes; always a winner, a bag of chocolates/sweets; double winner and a bag of mini soaps. Yeah may sound a little odd but with a tag saying "from my shower to yours" I thought this was a pretty cute idea. 


Sticking with the blue and baby theme in the sweets bags with blue sweets and milk bottles. The cupcakes went in blue striped boxes to avoid squashing because that would be devastating. All thrown together in a brown paper bag. 


I made the little vest tags with a piece of cardboard which I made as a stencil and cut them out on some spotty blue paper I had. I added a tiny peg and a bit of a twine bow for extra cuteness. Pegs and bags available at eBay. 

What I wore 

It wouldn't be a real party without a mirror selfie from me. I went for a smart casual style with a classic white shirt, skinny trousers and pointed flats. 


Shirt- Topshop • Trousers- Zara • Shoes- Dune at ASOS

So there we have it, it was a great day had by all and I really enjoyed planning it all. Maybe some inspo for a forthcoming baby shower you may be hosting. 

Thanks for reading- hope you're having a good week! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment