Saturday 9 April 2016

In my make up bag

As I've said before, I'm not great with make up. I wish I could get excited about all the amazing products available these days but I do struggle; probably because I just don't have the patience. I'm very much a basic foundation, blusher and bit of bronzer type of girl. And no matter how many videos of the lovely Tanya Burr and Lisa Eldridge I watch I still can't get it right!

SO, with this said, I am trying to become more enthusiastic about it all and get involved with all the brushes and highlighters and setting powders- oh my! Because my darker circles seem to be getting darker by the day (aarghhh) and I could do with a bit of contouring now and then. 

Let's get started. 

Face 

On my face, after cleansing, toning and moisturising, I use Boots own Natural collection concealer, followed by Mac 'studio fix fluid' foundation using Real Techniques 'expert face brush', followed YSL 'touché elcat' for my dark circles and finish of with NARS 'setting powder' on my oily tzone using Real Tecniques 'setting brush'.  




Eyes and brows 

For my eyelids I use Mac 'Amber times nine' eye shadow palette using my Mac '275se' brush, followed by Mac 'false lashes waterproof' mascara. Then for brows I use Mac 'veluxe brow liner' in deep brunette- I brows tinted at a salon but when the tint wears away I use this. 



Cheeks 

For cheeks I use my Real Techniques 'contour brush' and my Mac 'matte bronze' bronzing powder to do a little contour on the cheek bones, followed by Mac 'mineralize blush' on the actual cheeks using Real Techniques 'blush brush' which I also use to apply some bronzer down my nose and across my forehead for a little sun kissed look. 



Lips 

Lastly I do lips. Using this Real techniques 'concealer brush' (well I think it's a concealer brush but the name has worn off, anyhow I use it for lips) to apply either a little Mac 'velvet teddy', Or Natural collection 'berry sorbet' and if I'm feeling a little more adventurous or glam I may go for Kate moss for Rimmel 'Rossetto 30'. 




So there we have it and here is my day to day make up look.. 
Its a little simple and natural and is how I feel most comfortable :) 
Everyone has different looks which suit them and this is mine. I hope you enjoyed the post. its a little out of my comfort zone as fashion is more my 'thing' but I am enjoying my new efforts for make up. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a grear weekend :) 



1 comment: