Friday 13 October 2017

Autumn/Winter essentials

Autumn is here in all it's beautiful glory. The leaves are on the ground, the nights and mornings are getting darker (I'm finding it harder to get out of bed), pumpkins are in the shops and and I'm Clicking "interested" to every autumnal event I see on Facebook.. yes I love me some autumn! So, with that said, I think it's time to share my autumn/winter essentials.

It's pretty much the same items every year as I think it nice to have a refresh of new coat, boots, hats and knitwear. I love that look for AW.


Coats

Smart coat

A smart, tailored coat is a wardrobe essential. They give any outfit instant chicness. Whether worn with boots or trainers, a smart coat can work in all ways.


Images from Pinterest.



Top picks

Left- Zara // Middle- Topshop // Right- New Look at ASOS.




Fur coat

I love a bit of fur for feeling glam. Wear with jeans and boots for day wear and wear over an LBD or skinnys and cami for evening.

I also love how its worn with trainers in the pic below for a casual, edgy look.



Top Picks
Top left- Stradivarius at ASOS // Top right- H&M // Bottom left- H&M // Bottom right- ASOS






Zara (can't find it online anymore)



Puffer coat

Puffer coats are perfect for us Mom's. Excellent for school run and if, like me, you spend your weekends watching football matches/training in a field. Plus, they are warm and comfy for those "cba" days ;)





Top Picks


Left- Stradivarius at ASOS // Right- Zara



Knitwear

Oversized

I'm all about the oversized look especially when it comes to knitwear. Big, baggy sweaters and jumpers are just the best for AW. Great worn with jeans for casual and with leather or pleated skirt and ankle boots for more of a dressed up look.



Top Picks



H&M The page won't load for this so here is the code instead 0548388001




Hats

Hats are a fave of mine. I wear them a lot. So much so that a Grandma from the school used to call me "Hat lady" (which I fully embraced btw). I am thrilled the beret is coming back, I used wear one all the time in my late teens until I switched it to a beanie. You can't go wrong with either for the colder days and if you feel like adding an accessory.




Top Picks

Top left- Topshop // Top right- Topshop (argh can't find it online anymore but try in store) // Bottom left- Zara // Bottom right- Zara.





Ankle Boots

Ankle boots will always be needed. I usually go for a classic clean, black leather but I may change it up a bit this year and go for some studded Givenchy style ones. Failing that, you can't go wrong with classic black.



Top Picks

Top left- Topshop // Top right- Zara // Bottom left- Office // Bottom right- Office.




So, there we have my AW essentials. Lets look forward to some cold shall we?!


Hope that's given you some Autumn/Winter inspo.

Thanks for reading! x


No comments:

Post a Comment